I just think it gets pretty hairy after they get nested more than one level -
functions that rely on other functions which rely on other functions are OK,
but when they have to be executed in a certain order in order for them to work,
gets real messy.  Nothing wrong with a function that uses other functions
though, certainly not - this is what a lot good class design consists of.
With that said, I'm no expert either, so you can take what I said for what you
think it's worth.  There are tons of other people on this list more experienced
than me.

>> Do I have a better way to do something like this?

Weeeeelllll part'ner, I don't have time to look at your whole script and
re-write it for you :) - I would have to know more about what you're trying to
accomplish, because that "entire code" you published is trying to do a lot more
than just show a random image.

Anyway, did you get it working?

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com