Could some one please take a look at my fla or the code and tell me why flash
won't attach this clips correctly? Please! I'm not much of a beggar but this is
getting out of hand. I feel like I have done this a thousand times and this
time it won't work.

[code]

///varibles setup
var layoutNum:Number;
var setsArray:Array = [null, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4];
var totalSetsNLayout:Number;
var totalImagesNLayout:Array = [null, 9, 8, 6, 6, 11];
var imagesToGrab:Number;
var imgArray:Array = new Array();
var rfcsArray:Array = new Array();
var randomSet:Number;

function selectLayoutNum() {
        //check if it was the last layout
        //set layoutNum
        layoutNum = random(5)+1;
        while (layoutNum == oldNum) {
                layoutNum = random(5)+1;
        }
        var oldNum:Number = layoutNum;
        trace("layoutNum: "+layoutNum);
        getSetsNLayout(layoutNum);
}
function getSetsNLayout(layoutNum) {
        totalSetsNLayout = setsArray[layoutNum];
        trace("totalSetsNLayout: "+totalSetsNLayout);
        gatherImages4Layout(totalSetsNLayout, layoutNum);
}

function gatherImages4Layout(totalSetsNLayout, layoutNum) {
        imagesToGrab = totalImagesNLayout[layoutNum];
        trace("imagesToGrab: "+imagesToGrab);
        //dynamicly create array of images to be used in layout
        for (i=0; i<=imagesToGrab; i++) {
                randomSet = random(totalSetsNLayout)+1;
                while (randomSet == oldSet) {
                        randomSet = random(totalSetsNLayout)+1;
                }
                var oldSet:Number = randomSet;
                var img:String = "layout"+layoutNum+"_set"+randomSet+"_img"+i;
                imgArray.push(img);
                var myMC:String = "lay"+layoutNum+"_img"+i;
                rfcsArray.push(myMC);
        }
        //trace("imgArray= [" + imgArray + "]");
        //trace(" ");
        //trace("rfcsArray = [" + rfcsArray + "]");
        gotoAndPlay("lay_"+layoutNum);
}

//loadImages is called in an interval when the playhead hits the marker
specified
//like "lay_2" etc
//loadImgInterval = setInterval(loadImages, 2000, imagesToGrab);
function loadImages(imagesToGrab) {
        if (imagesToGrab == 0) {
                //stop loading images
                clearInterval(loadImgInterval);
                trace("hitting the clear");
        } else {
                var randomPos:Number = random(imagesToGrab)+1;
                var rfcClip:String = rfcsArray[randomPos];
                var imgID:String = imgArray[randomPos];
                rfcsArray.splice(randomPos, 1);
                imgArray.splice(randomPos, 1);
                //select and image id
                trace("imgID: "+imgID);
                //select corisponding rfcClip
                trace("rfcClip: "+rfcClip+" - typeof("+typeof (rfcClip)+")");
                //will strict data typing not assure me that I am pulling clip
references?
                //ALL ISSUES ARE OCCURING IN THIS LINE OF CODE FROM WHAT I
UNDERSTAND
                //COULD ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS?
                this[rfcClip].container.attachMovie(imgID, imgID,
this.getNextHighestDepth());
                imagesToGrab--;
                clearInterval(loadImgInterval);
                loadImgInterval = setInterval(loadImages, 2000, imagesToGrab);
        }
        trace("imagesLeftToLoad: "+imagesToGrab);
        trace(" ");
}

selectLayoutNum();
stop();