> I used the flash 8 video encoding tool and set it for flash 7 high quality
> (700k) and the video is very pixelated, I've uploaded it here for review :
>
> http://bluetubecom.web123.discountasp.net/clients/soapbox/videotest.html

compared with
http://www.creativedigitalgroup.com

I don't know much about the best settings to use for encoding FLVs but what I can tell you is that the creative digital video will get much better quality for a given data rate for a number of reasons

- Their video window is smaller than yours - yours is 4:3 their is much more letterbox shaped - Your video includes panning - this means changing the whole scene - takes up lots of data - Their video actually has a very small area which changes. Given that the whole purpose of the site is to push broadband video they may even have fudged it by using still backdrops and then smaller video clips
on top rather than just one long video.

Try encoding some "talking head" video without any pans or cuts and you'll get much better quality for
your data rate.

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

Joe