You could always use FMS or Red5 ( http://osflash.org/red5 ) for this
purpose as well.  I also use XMPP or Jabber for real time
communication with Flash.  There is a great open source server and
library for Flash at http://jivesoftware.org. JesterXL mentioned in an
earlier email that he's using a Jabber implementation that's hosted by
dreamhost.  From what he told me it's working fine with Flash after he
had to configure a few things with the XIFF library.

Anyway, I hope these tips help.  Good luck!

-Chris