I'm not sure what is happening in your case, but previously I have found similar issues (with code / timeline based effects conflicting) when:

- The symbol (movieclip/button) does not have the same instance name across all keyframes (ie doesn't have an instance name on a keyframe). - When the code changes any attribute of a tweened symbol. If you have code that changes a clip's position, the tween becomes invalid until the next keyframe (which then overwrites whatever code change you made). I assume this applies to all other clip attributes (not just position), as a key is on a whole layer...

Regards,
Grant Cox

T. van Zantvoort wrote:

I just simply use

for (i=1; i<10; i++) {
        this["b"+i].onRelease = function() {
                play();
        };
}

This is for button 1 through 9 and then on the timeline there's a tween with
all the buttons that go to an other location themselfs. But when I click on
a button, that button stays on it's place until the tween is done and then
finally flips to the position it supposed to tween to.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Tayfun van Zantvoort
WebSculptor
---------------------------------------