Lars,
  For a loaded clip, the stage size (from the settings dialog) is pretty
much ignored. The _width and _height returned to the loading clip is the
width and height of the objects in frame 1, as Eric says. As far as I know,
there's no way to return the stage size that you set up when you published
it. Which is crazy, but there you go.

Sorry!
  Ian