Tom,

Have you read ALL the post you quoted
([Flashcoders] Dynamically kern text??, 2004) ?

There's a link in it:
== Here's the link to a tool that let's you use this method:
http://www.swfx.org/stringwidthcalculator/index.jsp

Nice tool BTW. While it makes static effect only...

I used something similar for my Text2Curve component (which allows you
to place dynamic text along one of pre-defined but editable curves):
http://www.gousable.com/flash/   .

Also, from your own post it doesn't seem you really need that complex
code. Maybe you can just use static text? ;-)

Also #2: You can't use <strong> tags in Flash, just <b> .

Anyway, feel free to ask more, but try to be more specific :-).

--
Best regards,
 GregoryN