Well, unless you used a lot of the new FX, i recommend you going back to the v7 player. The v8 has a lot of errors/memory leaks, mostly of them related to the new bitmap engine.

I recently had to change a lot of code that takes advantage of the new system to the old one, because a lot of things breaks badly.