hi.

i have 3 sound objects that i'm working with in my app. i have them
all load when the site launches but i stop() them all at first because
i don't want them all to start playing. here's the code:

var room1Music:Sound = new Sound( _level0.room1_mc );
room1.setVolume( 80 );
room1.stop();
var room2Music:Sound = new Sound( _level0.room2_mc );
room2.setVolume( 80 );
room2.stop();
var room3Music:Sound = new Sound( _level0.room3_mc );
room3.setVolume( 80 );
room3.stop();

each of the sounds is set to 'start' and 'loop' in their respective mcs.

the problem is that when the site launches, room1 sound is stopped but
room2 and room3 play. why might that be happening? i can successfully
trigger the room1 sound a little further down in my site via:

room1.start(); // and it starts playing exactly where it should.

i guess i just don't understand why i can stop 1 of the sounds but not all.

any insight is greatly appreciated.

thanks. -- matt.