Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to dispatch an event from a frame. As in
I have a movieclip which plays and then for instance when it gets to frame
100 I'd like it to dispatch an event.

I have imported the eventDispatcher and initialized the class on frame  1.
//frame1
import mx.event.EventDispatcher;
EventDispatcher.initialize(this);

on frame 100 I invoke the dispatchEvent method
//frame 100
dispatchEvent({type:"onEvent"});

but nothing...

I am guessing it's because I didn't provide the addEventListener and
removeEventListener in frame 1..., right?
But how Do I do that without getting a compiler error?

Please help, I am someone out there must have had the same idea. This method
looks much more efficient than having an onEnterFrame which is waiting for a
variable to be set on that timeline.

thanks
Seb