Yup, I basically have a SoundStreamer class that does all the work:

class net.quirkworks.sound.SoundStreamer// extends Sound
{
        function SoundStreamer(mc:MovieClip)//, bAutoPlay:Boolean)
        {
                if (arguments.length == 0)
                {
                        this._sound = new Sound();
                } else if (arguments.length == 1)
                {
                        _mc.createEmptyMovieClip("mcSound" + _N_SOUND_COUNT,
_mc.getNextHighestDepth() );
                        this._sound = new Sound(_mc["mcSound" +
_N_SOUND_COUNT]);
                        _N_SOUND_COUNT++;

On 3/2/06, Matt Ganz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> have you created a sound object for every sound in your file?
>
> i believe the minute you want to manipulate sounds independent from
> one another you have to create a sound object for each sound in your
> movie. otherwise, it'll affect all sounds...as that 'sounds' what is
> happening to you.
>
> On 3/2/06, Anggie Bratadinata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Ramon,
> > I think you should invoke stop() to the mc into which the sound is
> > loaded / attached.
> >
> > --
> > Anggie Bratadinata
> > Web|Graphic|Flash
> > Jl. Raya Langsep 21
> > Malang - East Java
> > I N D O N E S I A
> > http://design.ibshastautama.com
> >

> > Ramon Miguel M. Tayag wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I was pulling out my hair a while ago because in my movie, when I
> > > stopped one sound it stopped all.  After commenting code randomly, I
> > > found out the anySound.stop() stopped all sounds.
> > >
> > > Looking at the documentation, it says you can specify what sound to
> > > stop using a linkage ID.  I understand that'd work fine if you use
> > > sound.attachSound (getting a sound from the library), but what if you
> > > use sound.loadSound(file)?  What is the linkageID now?
> > >
> > > Thank you,

> > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > http://www.figleaf.com
> > http://training.figleaf.com