Thanks guys!  I was reading the archives about the DepthManager class
and peeked into the recent "z ordering" thread for some useful info.

My one problem that I am running in to is that for whatever reason, my
boss is telling me I am not allowed to use Flash 8 for this project.
They want it published in Flash 6.  From what I was reading the new
DepthManager class only works with Flash 8.

I'll post more code snippets when I get in to work.  Thanks again for
the responses!

fm.