well, you mentioned you were up on your components, so I don't know
how 'advanced' this book would be for you...but I am reading <a
href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&tag=richrodecker-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&path=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2F1590595939%2Fqid%3D1142032643%2Fsr%3D2-1%2Fref%3Dpd_bbs_b_2_1%3Fs%3Dbooks%26v%3Dglance%26n%3D283155";>AdvancED
Actionscript Components : Mastering the Flash Component
Architecture</a> and I'm really digging it. The author doesn't just
show you the methods and properties availabel to a component, like the
other book that is just a reprint of the help docs, he goes into the
flash component architcture itself to give you a better understanding
of how things are working, and whats going on behind the scenes.

He goes into this thing about XLEFF (XML Layout engine for Flash) for
a little bit, but I just kinda glossed over that so far, since im not
really interested, i just want to undersatnd the components
better....but skipping over all that stuff doesnt affect understanding
anything else in the book.