Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there's a manageable way to embed font data in an LSO
(Flash local shared object) such that it can be stored on the user's machine
and used by a movie?

Or, perhaps someone can propose an alternate scheme so that embedded font
data can be externalized and cached on the user's machine so that it doesn't
need to be re-sent with every visit?

I'm noticing that F8 embedded fonts are quite a bit more "heavy" than their
F7 counterparts, and I'm trying to come up with ways to shave down the
download. The other thing that would be very helpful to know is how to embed
a subset of a font instance just once in the library, and have my movie draw
from this common "pool" of font information. In reviewing my F8 size report,
I notice that Flash is embedding the same characters of my Myriad Pro in the
same font weight multiple times. This sucks up bandwidth unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

-KF