thanks for all your suggestions. Worked great.
--
Bo Parker, AIGA
RMC

817.332.4700 phone
817.332.4710 facsimile

www.rmcfw.com

On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:05 AM, Danny Kodicek wrote:

I have a client that has webcams that are sending images via ftp to a
folder every 15 seconds to a static link and overwriting the previous image of the same name. I am bringing those images into a flash interface and am refreshing those images every 15 seconds with a setInterval loop. Everything works fine on all browsers except IE on windows. It is caching the image and not updating at all. Is there anyway, that I can force IE to dump the reference it has in the cache and pull in the newer image?

Add a dummy query to your url: instead of asking for www.myserver.com/myimage.jpg, ask for www.myserver.com/myimage.jpg? random=8764865

That should force a refresh.

Danny