Is not possible at all. When flash parses a CSS styled html, it simply replaces all the tags with the corresponding formatting code (textformat, font, etc).

And you are right about the structure: While the majority of the time the structure remains the same (in flash format, of course) it starts to change when you add images.

To change the format of a CSS parsed html, you must use setTextFormat/setNewTextFormat.