Michael,
  I use Flash for CD authoring all the time. The only caveat, really,
is that I use Zinc as a wrapper for the main Flash application rather
than just using Flash projectors, as I want extended functionality
(Resolution changing, registry access, file access, that sort of
thing). But other than that I've never had any issues relating to
running Flash off the CD at all - works well for me.

Cheers,
  Ian