you are comparing objects, so you are asking in the firstone are these two
references the same no they are not. its two different objects
the you are asking is this reference smaller than equal to that refrence,
flash then goes huh wtf a refrence that you are doing <= on this object, ok
lets convert it to a number yes neither is undefined so yes they are equal.
so in reality what you are tracing out there is
trace( d1 == d2 ); // false
trace( 1 <= 1 ); // true
trace( 1 >= 1 ); // TRUE?!

so yes exactly as i would expect.

On 3/23/06, Dave Myron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't know why I haven't come across this before, but can anyone confirm
> this for me (and maybe give an explanation)?
>
> <code>
> var d1:Date = new Date( 1970, 0 );
> var d2:Date = new Date( 1970, 0 );
> trace( d1 == d2 ); // false
> trace( d1 <= d2 ); // true
> trace( d1 >= d2 ); // TRUE?!
> </code>
>
> Umm… If something is both >= *and* <= the only possibly is that it is
> equal. So… WTF?
>

> dave myron
> principal, technical director
>
> contentfree
> ⊡ 206.855.5580 phone | 206.774.2767 fax
> ⊠ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ⊟ 337 1st ave ne. suite 100, issaquah, wa 98027

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org