I don't know if this would help you or not, something to look at - looks like
he uses it for blog entries:

http://www.muhajabah.com/islamicblog/mt-tips/archives/plugins/clean_up_troublesome_characters_from_copynpaste.php

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.