What would be useful is if someone took one of the existion Flash <--> JS
communication kits, which works w/ 6 & 7, and then modified the API, such
that it matched exactly the ExternalInterface of 8 & 8.5.
This way, you could write the same code which compiled for all versions.
Only if you were going to 6 or 7, you would just include the extra class
file.

-David R