Hello All - thanks for the interesting input.

For those who DO want to enable the RollOver and RollOut functionality,
I did finally get it working - and all using code that already existed
within the SimpleButton.as file.

If you open up the file, and scroll way to the bottom, there are in fact
"onRollOver" and "onRollOut" functions defined - but only for the
purpose of broadcasting the signal to turn the Halo Effect on and off
when hovering the mouse over.

All I added was the actual lines of code to "DispatchEvent".  What I
overlooked first time around, was that I had "buttonRollOver" and
"buttonRollOut" in order to stay consistent with the other functions
within the Class File.  So after I changed the code in MY Class File
containing the Button reference, to broadcast "buttonRollOver" and
"buttonRollOut", it started to magically work.

So, that's all you gotta do - is add two lines of code (one for each
function) in the SimpleButton.as file, and you are good to go!!

Thanks again for your help on this -

Mike