I have a little flash app. that pulls in various dates that are formatted in
numerous ways.

Before I look at creating a class that will return me a standard way to display
the date, has anyone done anything like this before or know where I can
download something similar to use or build on ?.

To clarify, the following list shows the date formats (there's a few) I am
dealing with:

Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:25:40 GMT
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:00:00 PST
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:00:00 EST
Mar 24, 2006
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:00:03 +0000
2006-03-30T03:33:00+00:00
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:24:46 -0500
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:19:40 EDT
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:32:00 +1000
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:00:00 -0800

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe I should compare these dates and the
exact time on the users PC so that I can display the time difference between
the two, like how digg shows how long ago a story was submitted (e.g: 15 hours,
43 minutes ago).

Anyone advise, maybe I'm being lazy and should just dive in.

Thanks,