Why do you not recommend using flash for e-commerce?
I'm finishing up a site based off of the book "Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional" and I'm am building a flash front end for it. Why would I want to stick to html when I could have a flash front end??

Kevin

From: "Ettwein, Josh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Flash e-commerce site
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:54:29 -0700

Off the top of my head, I'd say you would want to use it for an e-comm
site because it is rather well suited for that, imho. The persistent
state is perfect for this sort of thing, and allows for the entire
checkout process to happen without browser refresh. As far as security
goes, put it on an https server - done. With few exceptions, the flash
player uses the browser for all of its communication with the server, so
you can rest assured that all the data being posted is encrypted - it's
the same solution as for security concerns with regular old html pages.
Ok, some of the socket connections (XMLsocket, for example, I think) do
not use the browser, but for the most part, using SSL is safe.