Hi guys,

Unfortunately, this is old news. Flash's private/public modifiers are
compile-time only. Once actionscript is compiled down to bytecode,
everything's public.

If you want to call private methods, you can do it even more easily like so:

_global.com.yourclass.yourMethod()

or, possibly:

this["className"].functionName();

To quote Bjarne Stroustrup (inventor of C++):

"Language level protection mechanisms are protection against accident, not
against fraud."

HTH,
Alias