To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:03 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] MovieClipLoader - Crash in player 7, fine in player 8

Hello folks,

once again flash strikes my mind:

I've made a small test movie to test my ClipLoader-class, which stores and handles loading queues using a MovieClipLoader.

To make a stress test I queue 5 larger swf files for loading on button press (made another button for testing a "stop"-function).

When trying it out using flash player 8 everithing works just fine, when I try the same using player 7 (as browser plugin, that is), then the whole thing crashes.

When using my ClipLoader-class in an actual project, everithing works fine when only one file is added to the queue, but even the Flash IDE crashes completely when adding several files for loading.

We've been through all of the code and debugging output for two days with two programmers now, but we can not find any clue on about what the problem is.

Anyone out there ever has made experience like this? MovieClipLoader.loadClip crashing flash ide/flash plugin under certain conditions?!

Any comment welcome,
regards,
roman.