Hello All,

I have an application with a MenuBar on top, status bar on bottom, and
Accordion Control on the right side.  Sitting within all the Controls, I
have a stage area where Maps that the user can load, take up the entire
remaining portion of the apps viewable space.  The Maps can be panned,
zoomed, etc.

My main goal is to have people with higher resolutions, enjoy a larger
"Stage Size" so they can see more of the Maps they are loading - versus
simply "scaling up" the entire application, when they resize their
browser.

Inside of Flex, this is such a piece of cake - but with Flash, it's
always been a challenge for me, to create applications that have
components that "RESIZE larger and smaller" (in the proper proportions)
in relation to the browser size, but NOT "SCALE larger and smaller".

The main focus of this application, revolves around the Map - so if I
can give the user more viewable space (minus the space taken up by the
necessary controls), then I am truly accomplishing my goal.

Could any of you point me in the right direction, that shows clearly how
to write an application that behaves in this manner?  I am truly seeing
the beauty behind Flex, when it comes to writing applications of this
nature.

Thanks again for all your help,

Mike