"Could you do something with javascript and css and ExternalInterface?

Something where a div of the QT player is hidden, and a javascript call
would supply the embed src param and turn the visibility of the div on or
something?"

You can definitely do that (I've done it) but I don't think that's
what he wants.  He wants the file to open in the standalone Quicktime
Player (right?).

I can't think of how to do that... sorry.

Jim Kremens

On 4/17/06, eric dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you do something with javascript and css and ExternalInterface?
>
> Something where a div of the QT player is hidden, and a javascript call
> would supply the embed src param and turn the visibility of the div on or
> something?
>
> On 4/17/06, Jon Bradley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > This one is tough.
> >
> > I'm trying to have Flash (version 8) call a javascript function that
> > will write a quicktime object to the page and open this quicktime in
> > the QT player, not in the page.
> >
> > I've got the usage of QT write object javascript functions (from Apple)
> > that will write out an embed or object tag to put a quicktime in a
> > page. Problem is that we're running a Flash 8 site that needs to target
> > this qt object to open up in the Quicktime Player, not into an embedded
> > movie on the page.
> >
> > Popup windows are a no go, so I need to figure out a way for Flash to
> > communicate with the page to tell it to write an embed to the page and
> > load up the QT player, without changing the current window.
> >
> > Unfortunately, any getURL call I make always changes the location of
> > the page - and I can't even figure out how to keep it from changing the
> > page location. Is this possible with an FSCommand?
> >
> > Has anyone ever done anything like this?
> >
> > Many many many thanks if anyone can help out. I've got a site I need to
> > make live today and I have everything working fine except this (major)
> > part.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Jon Bradley
> > Animation / Interactive / Visual FX