I can't really compile it using the AS 2.0 setting.  The code base is huge and
it would create a lot of compiler errors and ripple effects throughout the
system.  Alas, compiling it strictly with AS 1.0 is the requirement here.

Randy Troppmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I am a big fan of EventDispatcher!
If you are using Flash MX2004 or
later you can use AS2.0 (class based or not) to code. It all compiles
down to AS1 code within the swf when you publish. You can set the
target flash player in publish settings to an earlier version to
accomodate the most users (Flash 8 player sits around 60% acceptance
at this time I believe). Some new features and classes are not
backwards compatible, and Flash will warn you of these when you
publish. You are safe if you want to write your application using an
AS2.0 class based framework and publish back to Flash 6 compatibility.
This includes EventDispatcher.

Randy Troppmann