ok, yeah I wonder if thats the issue (local). I was just testing it locally. I'll try it on a server.

On Apr 18, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Ryan Potter wrote:

Did you upload it to a server and test it or just do it locally?

It doesn't work for me if it is local but it works like a champ when
uploaded and I am on windows too.

I will look at your source.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron
Smith
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:12 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Testing ExternalInterface on Windows for me.

I am at work right now. And we only have one windows machine. We are
using some ExternalInterface functionality in one of our projects.
It's not working on out windows machine. It doesn't work in either
Firefox or Internet Explorer. It works fine in every browser on MAC.

I've been doing some testing to figure out what it was. And could not
figure it out. So I created an even smaller test. There is two lines
of code in the fla that calls an ExternalInterface call to a js
method that just displays an alert. Even that doesnt work.

If someone could take a quick look at my src files. Test it on IE and
Firefox Windows. And let me know if it works. If it does work for
others it means we have a problem with our win machine.

here is a zip ( www.smithaaronlee.net/ExtIntTest.zip ) file with the
src (fla, swf, html) . just open it up and look at the test.html file
in firefox and IE. it should just pop up an alert right away.

I would really appreciate someone doing this. it will only take a sec.

thanks,
smith