> Microsoft has taken their own initiative to include Active X,
> Object, Embed activation in their latest IE patch.
>
> Has nothing to do with a court ruling.
>
> Can only be an attempt to make life more difficult for
> Adobe.

That's absurd. They lost a suit to Eolas. Microsoft had several options:

1. License the technology from Eolas.
2. Continue violating the patent, and get sued for their continued
violation.
3. Change the functionality to circumvent the patent.

So, yes, that's their "own initiative", but to say it has nothing to do with
a court ruling is, again, absurd. It's simply Microsoft's good fortune that
this negatively affects Flash just like any other ActiveX control.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/