What I am currently doing: ( works, just doesn't seem like the right thing
to do )

var nScrollIntervalMS :Number = 70;
some_mc.onPress = function(}{
        clearInterval( foobar );
        delete foobar;
        someFunction();
        var nTime = 0;
        // Repeat if held down
        this.onEnterFrame = function(){
            nTime++;
            // Click and Hold detected
            if( nTime > 20 ){
                foobar = setInterval( stationUp, nScrollIntervalMS );
                this.onEnterFrame = null;
            }
        };
};