Hello all,

After a long time of trying to figure which method of using getters &
setters is better I though the best way to get a good answer is to throw
it open to the list.

Do you prefer to use the inbuilt getter & setter functionality?
i.e.

public function get myProperty():Number{ return _myProperty; }
public function set myProperty(intSet:Number):Void{ _myProperty =
intSet; }

or do you prefer using normal functions?
i.e.

public function getMyProperty():Number{ return _myProperty; }
public function setMyProperty(intSet:Number):Void{ _myProperty = intSet;
}

I like the first method as it looks cleaner, but there have been issues
with inheritance where if you overwrite either the getter or setter, but
not both in the child class it gets ignored.

What are your views?
Jim