Did some testing this morning.

1. Rendering looks like junk. Artifacts across the board, even when doing extremely simple tweens. Apparently bitmaps are less subject to this behavior though so that's a workaround. 2. No real key events obviously. Every button on the device is spoken for aside from the one button that works like a mouseDown. 3. no loadSound with streaming so far. I get memory issues with extremely agreeable mp3 sizes, so no radio streaming via flash player :( 4. Bitmap rendering performance is comparable to an HP IPaq pda. Meaning it's okay, but punishes you like nothing if you don't treat it right. 5. Decent math. I did some particle stuff with a lot of sin/cos and it did a lot better than my PDA. Then again my PDA is junk.

Overall, so far, it's really underwhelming. I don't really know what good i can get out of it with the amount of artifacts and memory issues i've run into. The real nail in the coffin (for now) was the botched loadSound. I was really hoping i could make my own radio streaming client. I know someone pulled this off with RSS and itunes (i think), but still no continuous streaming service. Also, the lack of real key events makes the input limited to click/drag type stuff.

If anything, it feels as limiting if not more so than Flash player for windows mobile.

- Andreas

John Dowdell wrote:
judah wrote:
quote:
There are quite a few updates in this release [PSP Firmware 2.7] so hold on to your hats as we take you down the rabbit hole. To break the ice we start off with a few networking updates, notably the largest update would be including partial Flash 6 support. Flash support is a great way to add a few games and movies to your PSP collection on the go, the only noteable issue with integrated Flash support is that some functions are "not supported" in addition to the obvious fact that Flash 6 is somewhat outdated.

There is no more info about what functions are "not support"...

I saw that too, and am trying to get more info as well. Things I know so far:

--  available RAM is tight
--  processor is also a bit less than computer-sized
--  we need info on which SWF6 features are not supported in Sony engine
--  there's also the range of webdesign considerations:
http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/reference/psp/

jd