On 4/27/06, August Gresens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, that didn't work. Actually, I'm doing this within a non-movieclip
> extended class, so the syntax is like this:
>
> clip_mc.createClassObject(List, "listText_lst", clip.getNextHighestDepth()
> );
> clip_mc.listText_lst.setSize(550, 150);
> clip_mc.listText_lst.move(listText.x+50, listText.y+50);
>
> But that doesn't work either.
>
> Would it make a difference if this is happening outside a movieclip class?
>
> In the documentation, it does say that that the UIObject class "wraps" the
> MovieClip class - so I'm wondering if that is the problem. The
> createClassObject method does not come up in the code hinting for the
> MovieClip class either. Perhaps the method does not exist in the plain old
> MovieClip class?

I just checked with the Macromedia livedocs, and createClassObject()
indeed is a member of the UIObject class. MovieClip is the superclass
of UIObject, and according to the AS2.0 Language Reference, MovieClip
does not have any createClassObject() member...so now I don't
understand why aMovieClip.createClassObject() works at all, eventhough
I am successfully using it.

Can someone else shed some light on this issue?

Cheers,
 stefan.