Hi Loren,

Jim is right. Remove comment from the stop() command on f5 to have your movie paly entirely start.swf before advancing. The onEnterFrame function in frame 1provides automatic advancing when the current "screen" mc is completely played.

As for buttons, 1 of them already work (playme), 1 has a misspelled instance name ("exit" for "exitme", correct according to the onRelease function) and the last (pauseme) isn't defined in the onRollOver position (you might want to swap it with the gel Pause symbol in the library)

HTH
Good luck,
francesco

Jim Robson wrote:
Loren,

The stop() command is commented out on frame 5 ("Start"). That would explain
why the movie blows by that frame. If I am reading it correctly, this is
what is happening: When the movie gets to frame 5, it loads start.swf and
keeps playing until it gets to frame 15, where it loads objectives.swf into
the same movie clip ("screen"), thereby replacing start.swf.

By the same token, it looks as though the stop() command on frame 15
("Objectives") will prevent the movie from progressing to the "Introduction"
frame, and therefore the code to load intro.swf is never reached - unless
you have some code inside objectives.swf that instructs the main timeline to
resume playing when objectives.swf is finished, which of course I can't see.

Regarding your play control buttons, they are not addressing the movie clip
that you are trying to control. You are trying to control start.swf,
objectives.swf, and intro.swf. However, your control buttons are all
addressing _root.screen, which is the container into which you load the
others. To fix this, you could assign an instance name for the loaded movie
clips, and use the same name for each clip, and change the code in the
control buttons to address it. For example, if you assigned them all the
instance name "foo" you could change the code in the playme.onRelease
function to _root.screen.foo.play();

HTH

Jim