Éric Thibault wrote:
... the flash inside the iframe is always on top....

The answer, as Geoff noted, is WMODE... searching on this term will describe how some-but-not-all browsers accept a parameter in the OBJECT/EMBED tags to pipe plugin content to the browser's offscreen compositing buffer rather than directly to screen, enabling effects such as HTML overlays and background-transparent plugins.

(NB: I do not know of any documentation from browser-makers or open-source on how well the various browsers implement this... there have been problems in some browsers with upside-down printing or other oddities when this ability is toggled... testing your work in the range of your audience's browsers is definitely recommended when dealing with browser-dependent features.)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd