Oh sorry, I don't have much experience with the v2 data grid.

I think though you can pinpoint what is happening by overriding the scroll
bars onRollOver event. Maybe if you could examine the source you would find
out what the onRollOver may be delegated to. You might be able to see which
event causes the effect, and maybe from there find an externalized method to
disable it. From here though if there is no external method, you could
always just override the function.

Another way would be to just get rid of the movieclip that shows the effect,
if it's dynamically drawn though you might not be able to do this.

M.