Hello All.

I am experimenting with Accessibility and trying to discover how screenreaders ( say JAWS ) respond to subsequent calls to Accessibility.updateProperties() after the swf is loaded and first read by the reader.

I'm no expert user of JAWS and all i've managed to get working is : HTTP response > JAWS starts reading > reaches flash file > Reads out content based on tab order and accProps.... If i try and clear the accProps then renew their values ( as what would happen if the swf content changes ) and make a call to updateProperties() the content seems to stay the same.

Is there anyway to make the reader start reading the new content straight away as what happens when a new page loads?

Is anyone an expert screenreader user or knows how the average screen reader user handles a flash file?

Or can anyone shed some light on the whole Microsoft Active Accessibility and flash / screen reader business?

Cheers

Jamie