neater, faster and a couple of comments...

http://www.pixelassembly.com/testing/ellispeSegs2.swf
http://www.pixelassembly.com/testing/ellispeSegs2.fla

you can suffix the url with  "?segs=n" (n is a number of course)

glenn

On 14/05/2006, at 12:50 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:

Not that hard on CPU. It only got to 63% on my old 1 GHz Windows PC.

Ron

Glenn Mitchell wrote:
Hi again,

got distracted by this last night,

here is some VERY messy code to dash a line on an elipse

ummm, there's no comments there either ... but I'll rewrite it with comments if anyone's interested :)

(the angular segments are also shown for reference)

it's a CPU hog, probably not good at all for anything animated, but if you're just creating static images ...

http://www.pixelassembly.com/testing/ellispeSegs.swf

http://www.pixelassembly.com/testing/ellispeSegs.fla

cheers,
glenn