Hi!

I´m doing a research on RIA´s optimization techniques and I plan to
implement such in my app´s next version as its getting bigger and bigger so
it became a necessity to optimize it.

Currently, I´m using shared fonts, shared symbols and shared classes (the so
called "dll" swf) that are all loaded once in the application lifetime,
avoiding the download redundancy and optimizing the size of the subsequent
swfs. However, my application is still not fast as I would like it to be,
the main reason is obvious, it uses too many classes (and v2 framework adds
a great deal to the class inventory). The second reason is becouse of the
nature of my app: Its an online picture album. The images are stored in 1MP
at the server and each time the client requests the image, its converted
(scaled down) at runtime using GD. It´s very flexible as I can make many
different size images without worring about saving them, however, and I
would like the oppinion of more experienced web developers, I think it would
bring me problems when my site gets a very high trafic AND it is slower than
if I would just load the image without pre-processing it.

Also, I´ve not implemented controls such as to prevent the client to
redownload the picture if it is already downloaded - how could I do that?
Something that came into my mind is to use SharedObjects to cache data and
some logic to implement such thing.

Any suggestions would be very much appreaciated!

Thanks,

- Marcelo.