exactly ;)

On 5/20/06, Sander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I feel bad contradicting Flash Coders readers, but 2 different swf's
cannot read the same LSO.

Macromedia Technote:

Shared Objects are used to store data on the client machine in much
the same way that data is stored in a cookie created through a web
browser. The data can only be read by movies originating from the
same domain that created the Shared Object.

If you want 2 swf's open at the same time to communicate, use a
localConnection

Macromedia Technote:

You can use local connection objects to develop Macromedia Flash MX
movies that can send instructions to each other without the use of
FSCommand or JavaScript. Local connection objects can communicate
only between movies that are running on the same client machine, but
they can be running in two different applications—for example, a
Macromedia Flash MX movie running in a browser and a Macromedia Flash
MX movie running on a desktop. You can use local connection objects
to send and receive within a single movie, but this is not a standard
implementation; all the examples in this article illustrate
communication between different movies.

Greetz,

Sander.

John Grden - Blitz