From: "John Grden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] ObjectEncoding for LocalConnection

Yeah that's exactly it, trying to get Flex front end to communicate with
Xray connector in flash 8 swf.

Right now, I set up a simple LC in a basic Flex front end that has a
method
for listening for trace statements and while it connects just fine,
nothing
is received on the method defined.  I assume since LC uses AMF that it'd
have to be set to AMF0 for the communication to work.

Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I've tripple checked things like
*when* the connection is made in relation to when the object is
instantiated
(hence the custom method being available before connecting).  Any tricks
you
used when you did it?

THanks again Muz,

JG