Add this...
this.enabled = false;
to your onRelease code. You'll also need additional code to set that to enabled = true;
if another button is clicked.

Gerry

On May 23, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Tony Watkins wrote:

Ok, take a look at my scribble. Notice that onRelease, the about button loads "resources/about.swf". Great, but if "resources/about.swf" is already
loaded and you release the button, about.swf loads all over again. If
about.swf is already loaded I would like the about button to ignore
onRelease – or something like that.
----------------

mainMenu.menu01.about.onRollOver = function() {
    this.gotoAndPlay(2);
};
mainMenu.menu01.about.onRollOut = function() {
    this.gotoAndPlay(_totalframes-_currentframe);
};
mainMenu.menu01.about.onRelease = function() {
    this._parent._parent._parent.grassAni01.gotoAndPlay("playOut");
this._parent._parent._parent.workingHereAni01.gotoAndPlay ("playOut");
    this._parent._parent._parent.nurses.gotoAndPlay("playOut");
this._parent._parent._parent.about.loadMovie("resources/ about.swf", 1);
};