From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Fitzpatrick, Kevin
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:36 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] gotoAndStop and Frame labels as Numbers

Matthew,

Because in this case "2" would refer to the second of a number of
"slides".  I know it's not an ideal situation.

Jason,
As to it being a best practice to start with a non-numeric character, I
totally understand the logic behind that.  However, I believe that this
is flaw in the player that we are being detoured around by the *best
practices*.  As we all know "2" is very different from 2.  If I specify
a string "2" why would the player reinterpret that into the Number(2)?
Whether I named it a silly name or not, why would the developers have
thought that I'd want them to change the datatype of my parameter when I
explicitly defined it as a String?

We'll probably work around it by calling the frame "Slide 2" or whatever
but it does seem like a silly restriction.

Of course, there is *always* the chance that I'm doing something
incredibly wrong, too :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Fitzpatrick
Flash Designer,
SAP.com Web Services Team - SAP Global Marketing SAP Global Solutions
Center
3999 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073
C (267) 254-6225