> So how do i completely unload my MC and my Tween so that there are no
> references hanging around ??  How can i find out how many references
> there are for a given object (similar to the ref count in lingo
> objects in Director) ??  And is this only happening because of AS 2.0

It sounds like a scope issue.

In cases like this, I just take the easiest route, and declare my Tween
variable(s) at an upper level scope, outside of any functions/methods, and
sometimes on _global (when not in an AS 2.0 class). That way, I always
know exactly where to find it/them when it comes time to reset it/them.

Since #Walker is a property of your function (local scope), it's difficult
to assign a null value. Where/what is the proper reference/handle for
#Walker when the function exits? It would otherwise be garbage collected,
except that it remains active somehow and persists in memory. I scratched
my head over this too. It's a bit of a black box IMO.

I skip the wondering by simply making the Tween reference explicit (as
described above).

-
pixelTwiddler, a.k.a. Jason