In Captivate Help, search for "Controlling Captivate movies with variables".

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:06 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Controlling an Embedded SWF

>> clicking the controls on SWF I created has NO EFFECT on the SWF
>>I created in Captivate.  It just keeps playing.

I believe that's a Captivate-produced-.swf thing. You're assuming the
main timeline of the Captivate .swf is where the animation happens, and
that the animation can be stopped with a simple stop() command.

There is some documentation out there - (I don't know where, maybe
Google, maybe in the Capitvate help docs, not sure) - that tells you
about the Captivate .swf timeline and what you can call and do to it.
But just telling the Captivate.swf to stop I'm guessing probably isn't
going to work anyway - you might have to target some other timeline or
property in the .swf to make it stop.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning Technology Solutions

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, displaying, copying, or
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete and
destroy any record of this message. Thank you.