Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem with the dynamic text field autosize property. The
problem I'm having is that I'm not catching the correct height of the
textfield directly after the textfield is filled with text. In other
words, I create a dynamic textfield and give it a set width and then I
set all the properties (selectable, multiline, wordwrap, embed fonts,
autosize, html etc). Then I fill it with html text and then I get its
height. If you will look at my code below you can see that I have the
variables a, b, and c all set to question._height. Every single time I
test this and trace it in the output window I get a =34, b=92, and c=92
(92 is the correct height of the textfield). Does anyone have an
explanation? The text I'm filling the textfield with is loaded from the
data base way before this code executes. It seems that the code is
faster than the textfield can fill up. Is there anyway to detect when
the textfield has filled and autosized?

test_mc.createTextField("question_txt", 1000, 0, 0, 385, 0);

question = _root.test_mc.question_txt;

question.selectable = false;

question.multiline = true;

question.wordWrap = true;

question.embedFonts = true;

question.autoSize = true;

question.html = true;

//flash is taking too much time rendering out this text

question.htmlText = "<p align='center'><font face='myVerdana' size='25'

//the following is jerry rigged and needs to be fixed

a = question._height;

trace("a = " + a);

b = question._height;

trace("b = " + b);