Update for anyone who cares...
It seems flash 7 and 8 are different in how they load movie clips. Using an older version of Zinc(which uses player 7) works just fine. Seems to me, Flash 8 loads them first in last out, where Flash 7 loads them first in first out.

Good to know for me at least!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason C Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Flash Coders Newsgroup" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:41 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] movie clip load order FIFO or FILO

Hi, I recently purchased Zinc to simply have more control over the window (placement, title, icon - that's all I wanted for this project!!) and it is causing issues with my program.

I use the following code to create some movie clips:

 for (var i=0;i<count;i++)
 {
  filePath = pstrFolderPath + swatchNameArray[i];
paLoadedSwatchClips.push(new swatch(this, pobjMainRef, pmcSWFHolder, i, filePath, theCounterValues[i]));
 }

The swatch class has the following code that actually creates the clips:

loadListener.onLoadInit = function(target_mc:MovieClip)
 {
  trace(target_mc + ' is done loading' + ' !! ' + thisRef.pnID);
  var mdm = _global.mdm;
mdm.Exception.DebugWindow.trace(target_mc + ' is done loading' + ' !! ' + thisRef.pnID, mdm.ASYNC)

thisRef.pmcLoadedClip = target_mc; // Set reference for calling play and stop
  thisRef.pobjSetRef.mClipDone();
  // Store height before we put textfield on there
  thisRef.pnMyHeight = target_mc._height;
  thisRef.mCreateCounter(initialCount);
 }
 mcLoader.addListener(loadListener);
 var thePath = _global.mdm.Application.path + swfPath;
 mcLoader.loadClip(swfPath, pmcButton);

My trace statements in Flash are in order - 0,1,2.....
I am using Flash MX 2004.

When I run it through Zinc, and when customer support runs my files, the trace statements are reversed - 2,1,0

I guess I'm wondering if load order has changed since 2004 version... This problem is breaking this part of my program when I run it through Zinc, and want to know if it is Zinc, or an issue with Flash?

Any help would be appreciated,
Jason