Many thanks!  -Marc

At 08:46 AM 5/29/2006, you wrote:
This should work:

var xmlString:String = this.toString();
var indexBegin = xmlString.indexOf("<map");
var indexEnd = xmlString.indexOf("</map>")+6;
xmlString = xmlString.substring(indexBegin,indexEnd);

xmlString = xmlString.split("</area>").join(""); //Delete all </area> added
by flash
var areaArray:Array = xmlString.split("<area"); //split the string at <area
xmlString = areaArray.shift().toString() + "<area"; //place first area back,
because it MAY NOT have </area> in front
xmlString += areaArray.join("</area><area"); //place the rest of the area's
back with a </area> in front.

this.parseXML(xmlString);
var mapNode:XMLNode = this.firstChild;