Doug:

Interestingly, your solution for the header is one that I actually resorted to,
but then I lose all of that nifty functionality, like sorting, column size, and
other bells and whistles.

I see what you are saying about enhancing the colors to envelop the rows that
"go together" (making them appear as one row).  That's a good idea, I'll have
to see how/if I can get that to work.  I just don't quite know how to "trick"
that data into working that way - like, does it need to happen in Perl, or in
AS, or both? :-)

Any other ideas on how to do a multi-line header bar in a Data Grid and
multi-line returned rows, I'd be thrilled to entertain them!

Thanks for your suggestions!

      Michael Hood
     Internal Applications Dev ADMS/ CMS/ Armory

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (w) & [EMAIL PROTECTED] (h)

["All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
-Gandalf- Lord of the Rings]